Whether you want to visit your family in Zimbabwe, it is a business meeting or you are just after a break to Victoria Falls, you would love to do it the cheapest possible way, all of us would but if you have done your home work, you may not find a good bargain on Flights to Zimbabwe.
Here are a few tips that will help you in booking cheap for Air Zimbabwe and all other carriers flying to Zimbabwe:
1. Always book through a reliable travel agency instead of booking with Airlines direct, for almost all the airlines travel agents usually have the best deals be it Air Zimbabwe, Ethiopian airlines, Kenya Airways or any other airline. Another advantage is that instead of
2. Ask your agent if the dates you are asking for are close to any low season starting e.g. if you travel on the boxing day to Harare on Air Zimbabwe, it will be cheaper than traveling on the 23rd. But better still if you are planning the trip around second week of January the season changes on the 14th of January.
3. If you are not sure when you are coming back or going for a long time, booking two one ways will be much cheaper on Air Zimbabwe than a return fare.
4. If your agent says that all flights are booked asked them for alternate routes especially via Johannesburg. You can get a cheap ride to Johannesburg and then take another flight to Harare or if you are really desperate, you can try and travel by bus as well. But let me warn you that is an almost 14 hours journey and don’t opt for that if you are traveling with kids.
5. Some of the airlines have touchdown included in their itinerary which would not show on your itinerary. Don’t worry about them but if you are, ask your agent to give you details.
6. Pack wisely for the trip. Ask and double check luggage allowance when you call to confirm your flight before departure. Especially with Air Zim as their luggage is not standard all round the year.
7. Don’t go on rumor fares like “Debbie booked for £430 so I would get the same”. Fares vary depending on loads of factors and when and how you book is one of the major factors.
8. And finally something straight from the horse’s mouth. People are booking way early this year so book early to get the best possible fares.
9. Paying in installments is getting more and more obsolete now, although you can try your luck for low season but trying the same for high season is a guarantee that you will end up paying more. So try paying in full as soon as you see your deal.
10. While traveling with kids always opt for Air Zimbabwe because they are the only direct flights to Harare, especially when you are the only adult in the group, as it might be problematic to handle both the kids and luggage.
More to come next week…